Monthly Archives: September 2014
Low Sulphur Fuel Surcharge – Amended
September 30, 2014
The International Maritime Organisation( IMO) sets global sulphur limits for marine fuels as per the International Convention MARPOL Annex VI Regulations for the Prevention of Air Pollution from Ships.
The directive sets the areas, called Emission Control Areas (ECA) where stricter sulphur limits apply.
With effect from 1st, January 2015, new legal requirements will come into force within ECA’s of North Europe (Including the Baltic Sea, North Sea and English Channel) and North America (Including USA , Canadian shore and Caribbean seas). All the shipping lines must use higher-quality fuels with sulphur content of no more than 0.1% in ECA which will results in an annual cost increase.
COSCON is fully compliant with environmental rules and regulations. In response to this new regulation and offset the increase costs, COSCON will introduce a new and separate Low Sulphur Fuel Surcharge ( LSF ) for general cargoes as follows:-
- Far East to/from North West Europe Continent and UK direct ports: USD 20.00 per TEU
- Far East to/from Baltic Sea (Include Sweden, Norway, Demark Finland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia): USD 50.00 per TEU
- Far East to/from Spain non-direct ports and Portugal: USD 50.00 per TEU
- Far East to/ from Ireland and UK non-direct ports: USD 50.00 per TEU
- North West Europe Continent and UK direct ports to/from North America: USD 75.00 per TEU
- Baltic Sea(Include Sweden, Norway, Demark, Finland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia) to/from North America :USD 105.00 per TEU
- Ireland and UK non-direct ports to/from North America: USD 105.00 per TEU
- Portugal and Spain(Bilbao/Vigo/Gijon) to/from North America: USD 105.00 per TEU
- Mediterranean to/from North America: USD 50.00 per TEU
All these surcharges will be enforced from 1st, January, 2015 (vessel sailing / shipped on board date).Posted by admin
Calcutta Transhipment Delays
September 29, 2014
Dear Valued Client;
Please be advised, due to all feeder lines operating at full capacity between Singapore and Calcutta, all services are fully booked for the month of October.
Therefore, Coscon UK are not currently accepting any bookings destination Calcutta, until the congestion at Singapore has been resolved.
Thank you for your understanding.Posted by admin
SOUTHBOUND PEAK SEASON SURCHARGE (PSS)
September 15, 2014
To maintain a high standard service level with fast transmit time and reliable schedule to our clients, COSCON will introduce a “Peak Season Surcharge” (PSS) on its southbound service to New Zealand as below.
The increase will be levied at USD150/20’ and USD300/40’
It will be applied for all shipments on or after 20th September, 2014, on the basis of B/L (Bill of Lading) / Shipped on Board Date.
Thank you for your continued support.
Posted by admin
Cheque Payable To….
September 12, 2014
Coscon (UK) Limited would like to remind clients that all invoices issued as Agent for Cosco Container Lines Co., Ltd., Cheques are required made payable to:- ‘Coscon (UK) Limited’ as noted on all our invoices. ‘Coscon (UK) Ltd’ is also acceptable.
Thank you for your kind attention.Posted by admin
Documentation Fee in China & Hong Kong
September 3, 2014
Dear Valued Customer;
Coscon (UK) are advised that the Export/Import documentation charge at POL/POD in China and Hong Kong have both been revised as follows:
POL/POD China, WEF 1st September 2014 (vessel sailing date), rate has been revised from CNY 450.00 per B/L to CNY 500.00
POL/POD Hong Kong, WEF 1st October 2014 (vessel sailing date), rate has been revised from HKD 450.00 per B/L to HKD 500.00
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact your local Coscon office.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Coscon (UK) LimitedPosted by admin